About a month ago, my boyfriend and I went to our favorite place, Hilton Head Island. We have been there every year since we have been together (5 years) and we just can’t stop going back. I always have a list of places I want to visit but somehow we just keep going back to same place! I’ve been wanting to compile a list of things to do for those who may be planning a trip there in the future. We have found some really good spots to eat, places to stay, and fun things to do.1. Grab a bite to eat in the cutest “backyard” at A Lowcountry Backyard.
You can’t go to Hilton Head and NOT eat at this restaurant. Sunday morning brunch is their prime time and every single thing on their menu is on point. The atmosphere is my ideal environment too with their backyard seating, fountains, and 90’s music playing in the background.2. Rent bicycles and explore the island.
If there is any place in the world to rent bikes and explore- this is it. This island was made for bikes. Bikes, walks, tennis, really anything outdoors. There are safe bike paths spanning the entire island and you can pretty much find a bike rental company on every street. Most hotels also have their own bike rentals. Some companies we’ve heard great things about were Hilton Head Bicycle Company and The Bike Doctor. This is the most beautiful island and you get to enjoy the scenery so much more when you’re cruising on your bike!
3. Have a beach day at Coligny Beach. This is a popular beach park within close proximity to some really cute shops and restaurants. There are also a lot of restrooms, water fountains, and swings :)! If you get hungry after a morning in the sun, you can walk right over to Coligny Beach Plaza and be there within minutes. That reminds me of my next favorite thing to do… visit The Frosty Frog!
4. Order a daiquiri from The Frosty Frog. Frozen drinks after a hot day in the sun? Yes please. I suggest ordering a “Tropicolada”. This cafe/bar also has a sandy area where you can watch tv outside in the sand. It is the cutest.
5. Order take-out from a local treasure- The Sea Shack. Ever have one of those hole-in-the-wall type places that has the best food that has ever graced your body? The Sea Shack has the best fried seafood and it is the perfect place to go if you want to have a “night-in” at your hotel. Don’t forget to order a slice of blueberry key lime pie for dessert!
6. Watch the sunset at Harbour Town. This is on the south side of the island in the exclusive area of Sea Pines. You do have to pay $5 to get on this side of the island but it is totally worth visiting. This is also where the famous Salty Dog Cafe is, along with a bunch of other shops. I just love seeing the lighthouse and watching the sunset off of the dock. Here is a throwback photo from a few years ago at Harbour Town.
7. Book a room at The Westin or one of the other beautiful resorts on the island. The Westin at Hilton Head seriously has the best pool-scape I’ve seen. The numerous pools are surrounded by gorgeous dark wood making it feel so luxurious yet cozy. There are also a few bars and restaurants there too. Another great pet-friendly hotel is actually Comfort Inn– we’ve stayed here with our dog four times and we love it. It is close to everything and although not oceanfront, you can walk to the beach very quickly.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite place to visit. Let me know if you have any other good suggestions of things to do if you’ve already visited! I would love to try them out.Shelby