You hear about spring cleaning every year right as the seasons change from winter to spring but you never hear anybody say they’re going to ‘fall clean’. After a busy summer, I think it is important to have a few ways to simplify your life to get you back on track before the seasons shift. Read along to find a few easy ways to make your life a little more simple before the fall and winter craziness starts controlling you. Plus, find these fall outfit details at the bottom of this post!
1. Clean out your email! There are such simple ways of doing this now with my favorite being Unroll Me. I can’t tell you how awesome this has been for my organization. It is free, simple, and will make you feel a whole lot better when you log on to your email and don’t see 30 new subscription emails from stores.
2. Go through your closet and get rid of any clothes you no longer wear. If you don’t think they would sell for anything, donate them to a goodwill! Go through the rest of your home too and see if there are any decor or furniture pieces you no longer need. You can easily have Move Loot come pick it up for free and then they try and sell if for you! You end up splitting the cost for whatever sells. De-clutter your heart out.
3. After cleaning out your closet, invest in a few staples, such as a good quality handbag you can use the entire upcoming season and beyond. This Vera Bradley quilted satchel is my current favorite and will help me stay organized in style this fall. Less is more! Quality over quantity. You get the idea. Also CLEAN out your bag. I am notorious for having a bag full of the most random things yet can’t find anything. Cleaning out your bag before fall officially starts will make your life a whole lot easier.
4. Spend more time outdoors, especially before the time changes in October! There is nothing better than getting fresh air this time of year. It isn’t too hot and definitely isn’t too cold to be going on a long walk or jog after work. It’ll cleanse your mind and make you feel way less stressed. Invite a friend you’ve been meaning to catch up with too!
5. Meal Plan. I don’t necessarily mean actually cooking all the food at one time like the intense-healthy people do. While I admire people who do that and one day hope to, I have yet to spend a chunk of my Sunday cooking for the rest of the week. I have been writing a weekly menu though which helps keep me from going out to eat so often. It saves time, energy, and money.
6. Only shop one day a week. Free some time later in the week by going to the grocery store only once a week. I usually go Sunday afternoon each week and while you may have a higher bill that one time, it saves so much time later in the week and not to mention money!
7. Learn how to say “no”. I always used to say yes to every offer, opportunity, and event. It took me long enough to realize that you can’t do everything. It’s actually okay to say “no” to some things and you will be so glad you did. This SNL video gets me every time.
8. Make a to-do list and in the morning, set your goals realistically. Being overly ambitious with your daily goals (guilty) can set yourself up for failure and make your life seem the very opposite of simple.
These floral highwaisted pants are quite possibly my favorite pants I’ve ever worn. They couldn’t be any more comfortable and fall-esque. I also couldn’t wait to use my quilted satchel from Vera Bradley… isn’t it gorgeous and perfectly structured?! Ahhh, new fall styles are here and I have to control myself. *Note to self: read post above*.
There is also a slightly different design on the blog if you haven’t noticed! I wanted something very minimalist. TJ also told me that my old design looked like a Myspace page so that had to be handled.
Hope y’all like it and hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend.
Shop the Post