One of my blog friends, Laura (Louella Reese), came up with the brilliant idea of having a “virtual” Christmas cookie swap. We’re each sharing one of our favorite cookie recipes on our blogs today and at the end of this post, you can click to the next recipe shared! I was one of the last people to respond with a traditional favorite recipe, naturally, so I decided to share a NEW favorite recipe. This recipe came from a friend I roomed with in college, Kaylyn. They are AMAZING! Scroll down below for the full recipe.
White Chocolate & Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 cups of wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature or slightly melted in microwave)
1 cup of light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsl. honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup cranberries (dried)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil the baking sheets (unless using a non-stick pan)
2. Mix in a large bowl the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, oats, brown sugar, sugar, cranberries, pecans, chocolate chips.
3. Mix in a medium bowl the butter, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix the medium bowl ingredients into the large bowl with your hands (after washing) and use a spatula to make sure you get everything.
5. Roll dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 minutes and then check and lightly press down on cookie to flatten.
7. Bake for another 1-1/2 minutes.
8. Transfer to a rack to cool & enjoy the deliciousness.
Check out the cookie recipe that Emily shared at The Style Hunt Blog. Her’s look pretty delicious if I do say so myself.
5 thoughts on “Christmas Cookie Swap”
Yum! I'm hosting a cookie exchange today too if you want to link up!
Gal these look so delicious! Definitely get me in the Christmas spirit! Thank you so much for joining in on the cookie swap 🙂
xo Laura Leigh
OMG what a cute idea!! Love that. Great pictures too.
Sara Kate Styling
Just coming across your page this Christmas season and am inspired to get cooking cookies! These granola type look like ones that I could indulge in, YUM!
Thanks for reading! You’ve got to try this recipe. SO GOOD!!