I think it is safe to say that summer is pretty much over, sadly. Signs of fall are everywhere and yesterday’s weather definitely felt like fall to me for the first time this year. Before I say adios to such a wonderful season, I wanted to reflect on how much I truly enjoyed this summer through some of my favorite photos and also what I learned over the past few months.
1. I learned all about being a Maid of Honor! I was able to plan a bachelorette weekend at the beach for a best friend, a bridal shower, and be right be her side during the whole wedding process. Get the full scoop here and find out ways I syved money on the bridal shower here!
2. I learned that Savannah, GA is truly one of the most fun cities to visit. It became one of my favorite cities to visit when I took a weekend trip with my high school girlfriends back in May. See more here!
3. I realized (again) how nothing (nothing!) beats a week at the beach with your family. That is my most ideal situation, for sure. We stayed in the most awesome house in Emerald Isle and I will never ever forget that trip. I just can’t get enough of my niece, nephew, and the rest of my family!
4. I learned how special it is to visit the mountains in the summertime. I hope I’ll have the chance to visit the mountains atleast once every summer. We went for my cousin’s wedding and it was so peaceful and felt perfect. I also learned the significance of Rent the Runway in my life. If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out!
5. I went to my first blog conference and learned a ton about blogging in general. If you’re a blogger interested in joining The Blog Societies, feel free to email me with questions! You can read more about the conference right here!
6. I learned that the comfiest clothing is the best clothing. I wore a ton of comfortable, basic, pieces that I could mix and match with everything and it completely changed how I think about shopping now. See some of my favorites here, here, and here.
7. I went to Newport, RI and realized how I need to plan another trip up there ASAP. Not only is it beautiful, but my grandmother and several other family members of mine are up there! Don’t forget to check out my list of favorite things to do in Newport.
8. I learned that next time I have to move, I am going to start packing way in advance. Moving to a new apartment this summer might have been my least favorite part of the season but it sure was worth it. One part that made my move A LOT easier though, was Move Loot <— seriously they are awesome and I’ll be sure to share more in the coming weeks about my experience.
9. I learned how to use my camera in manual mode, finally! I only had it a year before I learned how to get some of the best photos! One of my favorite photo tutorial sites is Kevin and Amanda.
10. I became more aware of where I want to see myself in the future, career-wise. This is extremely important to me and hasn’t been the easiest process over the past 5-6 years. I think this creative outlet of mine has helped lead me to discovering more about myself and I fully believe there is a plan for everyone.
What have you learned this summer? Summer always seems to fly by so quickly so its fun to slow down and reflect on the memories for a change. I challenge y’all to think of 10 things you’ve learned this summer, tweet me your list, and I’ll link it to this post!
Hope everyone has a good week!
6 thoughts on “10 Things I Learned This Summer”
I love this! All of them are so true. Can't wait to read about the Societies meet up and to hopefully attend next year!
Sara Kate Styling
Love all of these and you've definitely had a great summer!!
What a great post! I hope to attend the Blog Societies conference next summer! xo
Great experiences! I'm definitely missing the beach already but I'm looking forward to what fall brings!
What an amazing summer for you! Looks like it was full of memories and adventures! Xo, Stephanie